For over 2 decades, CSG has delivered more gymnastics to school groups than any other club in New Zealand. The Ministry of Education and SPARC encourages schools to become a physically active community through regular, enjoyable and well planned physical activity programmes. A high quality physical education programme not only improves physical health, but also enhances social, interpersonal and academic development. Schools can provide more and superior physical activity opportunities for their students when they share the responsibility with other organisations such as other schools, clubs and community organisations.
Our school gymnastics programme is based on a general gymnastic approach that is fun, challenging and fundamental for a child's growth and development. Our specially trained staff present a programme which provides a sound basis for further skill development across all aspects of the physical education programme.
Welcome to the wonderful world of gymnastics and its related sports. Our structured circuit based programmes will delight and challenge whilst teaching the fundamental physical skills required for today’s children. The development of awareness and competency with the dominant movement patterns is the focus of our programmes and we approach this from a philosophical frame work consisting of fun, fitness and learning the fundamentals of gymnastics
Our programmes are designed to suit all ages:
- Have a Go Sessions (Preschool, Primary School or High School): This is a one-off visit to our facility for a "Have A Go" gymnastics experience on our comprehensive range of gymnastics apparatus, under our professional coaches strict supervision. We intend this to be a fun session for the students, hopefully encouraging further participation and interest in our sport. We usually recommend, for school age children, a 90 minute visit, with up to 60 students. The session includes a warm up, stretch, various (4-6) apparatus circuits, and a warm down to conclude the session. For Preschool providers, we recommend a 60 minute session, for up to 40 children.
- Skills Block (Preschool, Primary or High School): From 2 to 10 sessions, we will cater to the number of sessions you require. This might be multiple visits in one week, or once a week for the entire term. We will provide in depth skills progressions over the length of your block.
- Skills Certificate (Primary or High School): A programme of gymnastic skills, based on the 6 dominate movement patterns, are worked through at the appropriate age level. The assessments are carried out by our coaches and are available for school records. Students must complete a minimum of 6 x 1 hour or 4 x 1.5 hour sessions. Certificates at the appropriate level are available upon completion.
- Trampoline Specific Sessions - Trampoline specific sessions can be arranged, with a ration of 1:8 students. Maximum of 24 students per 1 hour session. White socks are required for trampoline specific sessions. We can offer the sitting of a badge test if they have attended a minimum of 6 sessions. Successful participants may purchase a badge from us, which can then be worn proudly on your school uniform.
- Gymnastics New Zealand Incentive Awards - (9 years and up): This requires more precise coaching of routines and skills. 8 x 1 hour sessions are necessary to complete the awards and some practice may be required at school. Assessments will be done by a qualified GNZ Judge. Participation does not guarantee a pass on the assessment. Successful participants may purchase a badge from us, which can then be worn proudly on your school uniform.
- A specialty programme tailored to meet your requirements
- Training for the Primary School Gymnastics Competition.
QEII Venue - QEII Park, 38 Mark Treffers Drive, Burwood, Christchurch
Our venue is situated within the grounds of QEII Park. We are the only fully set-up, purpose built Gymnastic Gymnasium in Canterbury, which includes a 2 Sprung Floors, 11 Balance Beams, 5 sets of Uneven Bars, Single Rails, 2 Vault Tables, 3 sets of Parallel Bars, a set of Rings, Pommel horses, 2 Double Mini Trampolines, 2 Tumble Trampoline (one into an above ground foam pit), 2 Euro Trampolines, and an inground Pit Trampoline. Most popular, however, is the 2m deep sponge pit. We have a large range of exciting modified equipment for younger children and preschoolers, including our new children's rock climbing wall.
We provide adult GNZ accredited coaches and aim to maintain a coach ratio of approx 1:10 children. Our experienced coaches have a wealth of technical expertise and the ability to teach the fun and safe aspects of Gymnastics and Trampolining.
Students are expected to dress for physical activity ie. T shirt and shorts / leggings or PE gear. The students are bare feet in the gym (white socks required for trampoline specific sessions). Long hair must be tied back.
NO Jeans, skirts, dresses, tutus, buckles, belts, zippers, jewelry, wrist watches or anything that will scratch the gymnast, coaches, or equipment.
Cost: $8.00 (incl GST) per 60 minute session per participant (minimum charge $80.00 / hour)
$11.00 (incl GST) per 90 minute session per participant (minimum charge $110.00 / hour)
NB: Schools will be asked to confirm the numbers of children attending 1 week before their booking(s). We will keep a record of the number of children actually participating. If these numbers are different, we will invoice whichever is the higher number.
Our club is a non profit organisation here for the promotion of gymnastics and its related whole body movement programmes.
The development of awareness and competency with the dominant movement patterns is the focus of our programmes. We approach this from a philosophical frame work consisting of fun, fitness and learning the fundamentals of gymnastics.
The children are provided with the opportunity to experience a large variety of movement in a supportive and structured environment.
For further information, or to book our programme, please email Kendra Street on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on ph (03) 3886616.